A person who is engaged in selling goods and commercial products to the customers is known as a “salesman”. The sales persons plays an important role in selling goods and increase the performance of a firm. They have a specific art for selling and persuading customers so, it is generally said that salesman are born and not made. However it is not truth now a days, because now a lot of training center has been opened to hire a new sales person.
Qualities of a salesman
- Personal qualities
- Mental qualities
- Social qualities
- Vocational skills
- Complete knowledge about his/her product.
- A good salesman must have an attractive and unique personalities
- Should have good health, clear voice and good speaking tone.
- Should have impressive qualities.
- They need to wear good clothes to attract and enhance themselves.
- A salesman should have good presence of mind, memory, imagination, judgement and initiative.
- He/she should be understand the nature and requirements of potential buyers.
- A good salesman must have a preference for people and the ability to mix with them.
- He must not shy and of reserved nature.
- He should be sincere, dependable, cooperative and honest in nature.
- He should always be polite while dealing with his costumer.
- He/she should have enough vocational skill.
- Must handle the objection of the customers and also convincing them to buy the product.
- He/she should have patience to listen to his customers and remove their objections.